Effective Date: October 20, 2021
- When you visit or interact with any of our offices, events, sales, marketing and other offline activities (collectively “Services”).
1. Types of Information We Collect
- Information We Collect Directly From You. While using our Sites and Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information. This may include, but is not limited to: your first name and last name; age and/or date of birth; email address; phone number; and physical address, including street, city, state/province, zip/postal code. For example, we may collect this information from you as part of our operations customer login https://www.depcompower.com/operations-maintenance/ or “3R Referral Program” https://www.depcompower.com/what-we-do/3r-referral-program/ or when you contact us at the e-mail addresses listed on our Contact Us page https://www.depcompower.com/connect-with-us/.
- Information We Collect From You Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites and Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites and Services;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our Site and Service, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over; and
- Information From Third Parties. When you interact with any of our pages or accounts on a social media platform, we may collect the Personal Information that you or the platform make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID and/or the user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups with whom you are connected and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
- Information Collected From Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our Sites and Services to you, and prevent or detect fraud. Some information we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, chat room, or social network such as LinkedIn. We may also collect information about you from other individuals, companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of any transactions you undertake, and connect you with products and services that are more likely to interest you.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- To make our Sites and Services function properly, or to improve our Sites and Services;
- To make login to our Sites and Services easier (such as by remembering your user ID);
- To recognize you when you return to our Sites or Services;
- To track your interaction with the Sites and Services;
- To enhance your experience with the Sites and Services;
- To remember information you have already provided; and
- To provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Sites or Services.
Your Choices. Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Sites and/or Services by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing a Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Sites and/or Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see aboutads.info/consumers.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers – like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, we do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To Provide and Enhance Our Sites and/or Services. The Personal Information we collect allows us to provide programs and program benefits, verify your participation, track orders placed, respond to your inquiries, and to keep records of our interactions.
- To Provide Notice of Updates. The Personal Information we collect may also be used to advise you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Sites and/or Services you have registered to use, and to provide you with notices relevant to any account you might have with the Sites and/or Services.
- To Prevent, Investigate, and Provide Notice of Fraud and/or Unlawful or Criminal Activity. We may use your Personal Information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- To Comply With Legal Process and Our Legal Obligations. We may use your Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To Send You Marketing Materials and Promotional Offerings From Us. The Personal Information we collect may also be used to tailor your experience on the Sites and Services or to otherwise customize what you see when you visit and use them.
- To Ensure Compliance With Our Terms. We process your Personal Information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
4. How We Share your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with our Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Sites and Services, to advertise on third party websites to you, for payment processing (if applicable), and to contact you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our Business Partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Law Enforcement Purposes. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or government agency).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your Personal Information to any party where we believe it necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person.
- Other Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend our rights or property, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Sites and/or Services, protect the personal safety of users of the Sites and/or Services or the public; or protect against legal liability.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your consent.
5. How We Retain Your Personal Information
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, which is why we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your information’s security, confidentiality and integrity. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You must play an active role in safeguarding your Personal Information, for example, by:
- Avoid sending any sensitive information via email—any information you choose to submit to us by personal email is not secure, so please do not send sensitive information in any email (i.e., a social security number, photo of an identification card, etc.);
- Beware of phishing attacks—phishing occurs when someone attempts to obtain your password or other sensitive information. Scammers often do this by impersonating a trusted user or offering a compelling reason to open a malicious email attachment, click on a link or give over information. We never ask for your sensitive Personal Information, such as password, or for account or other sensitive information, over email or via other insecure methods. Please notify via the methods in the “Contact Us” section if you ever receive suspicious correspondence from us; and
- Protect your Personal Information—use complex, independent passwords for each site and/or service you maintain an account with (e.g., not your birthday, address, phone number, PIN number or any other easily guessable information in your password), and use caution when using public computers or networks, like at a coffee shop or library.
7. Your Communications With Us; Opting Out
You may choose to provide us with your email address to allow us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, and to receive updates from our Affiliates and Business Partners. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive.
8. Access and Correction of Your Personal Information
We may grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to and correct your Personal Information that you shared with us on our Sites or Services or through other written or oral means. We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is kept accurate and up to date. However, it is up to you to update it with any changes. In most cases, you can review and submit changes to your Personal Information by logging into the Site or Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also notify us via the information in the “Contact Us” section below to request access to, or to correct any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
9. International Transfers
Our Sites and Services are intended for U.S. audiences only. If you are located outside the U.S., and you use our Sites and/or Services, your Personal Information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Sites or Services.
10. Children’s Privacy
Our Sites and Services are not intended to be used by children under the age of 16. If you believe a child has been using our Sites or Services you may contact us at the email noted in the “Contact Us” section below and we will work promptly remove any information about them from our system.
11. Contact Us